August 29th Minutes & Available HERE!
Next Meeting December 5th
Latest & Greatest BIUG News
- 10-15-15 Chris forwarded a nice write-up and a ton of photos about the opening night at Wailoa 2015.
- 8-26-15 A Styrofoam Cello??? Please read This is what a Styrofoam cello sounds like from Chris to learn about this interesting instrument.
- 8-10-15 Check out the PBS video about “The Story of the Kamaka Ukulele”
- 8-1-15 Added a link to a "Sheet Goods Optimizer” on the Luthier’s Page. Easily determine how to cut plywood or other lumber to maximize it’s use!
- 7-15-15 Tom Russell & Chris Stewart added the “Silly Little Saddle Radius Jigs"
- 7-03-15 Chris sent along this interesting article "Iraqi musicians play ancient oud to soften din of war”. I found a version of the article that has a good picture of this unique stringed instrument.
- 7-03-15 Mike Perdue’s Lilinoe Lifestyle website is now featured on our Retail Outlet Page offering BIUG hand-crafted and other ukuleles for sale
- 07-11-15 Workshop #3 is schedule for this date at Tom Russell’s Kona shop. This workshop will build a neck tenoning jig designed specifically for supporting all ukulele sizes.
- 04-06-15 Revamped the BIUG website to integrate meeting notes and photos on a single page and make it easier to find “llike” items. Comments Welcome!
- 1-27-15 Chris found an excellent article on the history of the ukulele. Very interesting read
- 12-16-14 Please check out the photos from the Waimea show!
- 10-30-14 Notes from Wailoa 2014
- 9-30-14 A nice little read about one person’s efforts to create an Ukulele Museum in Arizona…From Chris
- 9-11-14 Very inspirational message from Kimo Hussey about Patience
- 8-29-14 Tom Parse recently sent me a video of his recently created kerning jig. He created it using parts from around the shop. Nice! Maybe this could be a workshop item? Check out the video of the jig in action.
- 4-18-14 Nice video on the making of a soprano ukulele by Peter Hurney is now available on our Luthier’s Page.
- 2-12-14 Another interesting video, this one on bracing. Are your chisels this sharp?